Saturday, December 17, 2011

Aunt Doris

Here's another one in my rocking horse series. This one is titled "Childhood Treasures". The first version  featured a different and slightly older girl. At one of my pre-Christmas shows, a customer (friend of Ed who made the rocking horse) asked if I could insert an old family photo of Aunt Doris instead of the child I had in the original. She brought me the image you see here, and I am totally in love with Aunt Doris. The photo is over one hundred years old, still in excellent condition. Aunt Doris has such a look of sweet optimism and hopefulness that this is now my preferred version of this image. 


1 comment:

Karen Thumm said...

This is a wonderful image, Judy! It's so well balanced and festive, and Aunt Doris is a wonderful addition!

I've always had a soft spot for rocking horses, so I'm particularly drawn to this one.