Monday, October 3, 2011

Edging closer

I've never been much of a "social commentary" type artist. I just get interested in visuals and how they work together (or not) and kind of follow my nose. My new series seems to be edging a bit more into the social commentary realm. I started collecting graffiti photos, mostly the many variations on the word "trust" I find in our area as I'm walking to stores and services. Then I combined the graffiti and street signs with animal  images, horses first (as in a previous post on this blog), then dogs at the suggestion of a local vet who is deeply involved in dog and cat rescue. Now I have a series underway, which I think of as the "Broken Trust" images. I have several horse ones and a couple of dogs so far. This image is the first of the dog ones. 

No comments: